Me: "What are you eating!?"Toone: "Ummmm a found a raisin in my skirt pocket.... So I ate it."Me: "Was it good?"Toone: "Not really... But I was hungry."Sister Missionary struggles. It's real.Where to begin! Well I guess I'll start by apologizing about not writing last week... I realized that was pretty selfish of me, so I will ask for your forgiveness. I've got lots to write about this week and in so very little time so excuse the wacko email.I feel like Nephi, but not in the sense that I'm practically an amazing prophet. I read 1 Nephi 1:1, [Starting the Book of Mormon over again. Score.] he talks about how he has had sore afflictions and still he is remembered and loved by the Lord so much that he feels grateful and oh so blessed to have a knowledge of this goodness. I also have been born of some darn good goodly parents who also love the lord. I thought Nephi was writing my life story for a second.Well some pretty big news.... IM BEING TRANSFERRED! I guess President and the Lord decided I needed to spend some quality time with Dave Checketts because I'm headed to Connecticut! Wow. Yorktown Connecticut, right on the other side of the Hudson. So lesbihonest... I didn't really want to leave Middletown yet and I REALLY didn't want to leave Sister Toone. I only got 5 glorious weeks with her and man oh man they have been the best of the best. I feel emotionally exhausted after saying goodbye to so many people I love. I cannot even begin to tell you how hard it is to say goodbye to these people and I know it hasn't really set in yet that I probably won't see most of them again. Nobody could have prepared me for this heartbreak... BUT the gospel unites us and I know I have given it my all here and the things I have learned I wouldn't trade for the world. I am excited for a fresh start and a new challenge. Watch out Connecticut, here comes {another} Sister Checketts. :)My new companion is Sister Oluillana! Funny story is we are already buddies. She gave me a beautiful ring a few transfers ago just because I told her I thought is was pretty, so here I go, just like some sloppy love story, to bring it back to her after wearing for a few months. :) She is a hard worker and I am so excited for that. Sister Oluillana will be going home at the end of this cycle (7 weeks) so I will have another "one and done" companion. Kinda a bummer but all is well because the Lord has a plan, I know it.I don't have much time to report on conference but wasn't it wonderful!? It always is. I second Elder Checketts, it seems to be just that much better when you are a missionary. :) Women's conference was beautiful as well and I can hardly wait to read the priesthood session. If you missed out on some of these things never fear LDS.org is here!! What was your favorite part of conference?P.S. Sister Toone and I kept tradition and went and got hot bagels before the Saturday session started. So good.Last Thursday I had the wonderful opportunity to go down to the city and going to the temple with not one but two recent converts to do baptisms! It was a BEAUTIFUL experience (shall I use the word beautiful one more time). They weren't my converts but they were my dear sisters, Abi and Migulena, whom I love dearly. I was able to help Migulena find her grandmas name so she could perform the baptism for her and what a wonderful feeling that was. I love them temple. While I was here I ran into a familiar face, I think several of you got a text about it. I found Ryan and his wifey {Clark Cousins} It was the weirdest feeling and I may or may not have quite known what to do with the excitement that I just hugged him... Everyone kinda freaked out... You know sisters and hugging? It doesn't blend well. ;) We took some pictures, he gave me a laugh or 12 and I was on my way. Prayers need to be said that I am sent to Harlem so I can be around those crazy folks.MEET THE MORMONS. Who saw it? Who is going to see it? I get to see it with the rest of the missionaries here in NYC on Friday and I am pumped. I think this will be a really good missionary opportunity for us all. So invite your friends!! I'm serious. [FHE activity? Invite a nonmember friend or somethin?]The past few Pdays Sister Toone, the Elders and I have been waking up at 6am and playing soccer up by the church. It has been GLORIOUS. [we decided to take a break from the bear watch runs] There is nothing like breathing in some crisp fall air while playing that beautiful sport in the morning. It makes my day, and thats why I needed to include that in this email. :)Well good gravy son. I just sat down to write and felt an overwhelming feeling because I had so much to write but I really summed it all up... It's hard to try and express all my feelings let alone tell you about all these amazing people. But I try my best. Plus transfer pdays are nuts.A lil shout out to my dear Sister Brayton who leaves to serve the Lord today. I love you. 2 years never looked so good. XOWell my loved ones I love you. I could not do this without you or a living loving Father in Heaven. This is a glorious work and remember you have been called to do it to! I'll talk to you next week! Ciao. XOLove, Sister Checketts
Monday, October 13, 2014
Goodbyes to the people I love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















No comments:
Post a Comment