Monday, October 20, 2014

Big City Life


First day in Danbury? Hit by a car. NBD. How did you not see the chunky redhead sister missionary crossing the road!? 

Hello loves! Okay a few things for starters.... Today is another one of those pdays where I have zero time because I went to the city and got on a boat to look at the green lady [insert Clark saying "Statue Tad-de-ity"] It was a blast and I felt like I have having a dajavou 24/7 as I remembered the trip that my dad and emma and I went on a while back. Also another heads up... Next pday will be another lame email because I won't have anytime again because I will be in the city again for a temple trip and some play time. Woot. We get to do all this fun stuff because my companion, Sister Oluwalana [spelled it wrong in my last email], is dying [going home] in 6 weeks. 

So a little bit about my new life... Sister Oluwalana is the craziest thing you will ever meet. I love her. She sings to me and tells me funny stories so we are golden. ;) This is my first transfer with roomies and it is the BEST. We live with our STL and her greenie. We have such a good time and I can't even begin to tell you how nice it is to have more female sister company. This area is BEAUTIFUL! I'd never thought I would fall in love with Connecticut. Most of our area is wealthy rich pocket people who seem to be completely content with their current life so it takes a lot more effort and faith on my part especially since I just came from the hood of upstate that was full of humble crazies. :) it is hard work getting to know a new area and people but all in all folks, I am happy to be here. 

Here is my crazy story for the week [besides ending up on the front of some old mans car my first day here, p.s. I'm fine]. We were having an online lesson [over FB] with an investigator, we asked a member to join to be a member present. We decided to teach the word of wisdom but half way into the lesson our member started preaching false doctrine and our investigator started wiggin out but whadda do over FB!? We quickly tried to clear things up but it wasn't happening. Whoops. We cut the lesson short and told our investigator we would talk more about it. In the moment it was frustrating and intense but now we can laugh about it. 

This past week I have had to let go of my will and my pride and trust and rely on the Lord. I can't even begin to explain how anxious I am to feel completely comfortable here but I have learned that my Father in Heaven can't help me grow and progress when I'm in my comfort zone as well as the spirit, he can't comfort me when in still in my comfort zone. It's been a hard lesson that I am still learning but it is has been God given. :) D&C 101:14-16

Ooh hey I saw Meet the Mormons this past fridee! What a cool thing huh? It was lovely and reminded me of what a peculiar but beautiful people we are. I am feel so blessed to be a part of this work especially at this time. Someone once said there is no greater joy then being actively engaged in building up the kingdom of God and I'm here to tell that is so true. Yes, sometimes it is far from fun and pretty uncomfortable most of the time but it does fill you with joy and eternal happiness. That folks, is why I'm still out here. 

I've got to go for this week. I am sorry I don't have more time. I love you all. XO
Love, Sister Checketts










No comments:

Post a Comment